UC Davis is committed to making its programs and activities accessible to students.

Academic Programs

Responsibility for coordinating academic accommodations for students with disabilities is shared between the student, the instructor, and the Student Disability Center (SDC). The student is responsible for requesting academic accommodations in a reasonable period of time and the instructor is responsible for accommodating the student as recommended by the SDC. Students need to request accommodations as soon as possible to allow time for the requests to be reviewed and appropriate accommodations to be arranged. The SDC staff works in an advisory capacity with a variety of campus departments to ensure that academic programs are accessible to students with disabilities. Reasonable academic accommodations may include, as determined by the SDC based on the individual student's documented functional limitations: additional time on tests, test space with reduced distractions, sign language interpreters, real-time captioners, notetakers, adaptive laboratory equipment, and alternative formats for instructional materials.

For more information, contact the SDC at (530) 752-3184 or visit the SDC website.

Other Programs and Activities

University departments and student groups that sponsor activities are responsible for providing reasonable accommodation to any eligible participant with a disability. The sponsoring group is also responsible for all event related costs, including the costs of funding any accommodations that are necessary to provide persons with disabilities access to the event. Events include, but are not limited to: meetings, conferences, lectures, workshops, rallies, athletic competitions, and entertainment and social functions. If you are planning an event, click here for help making your event accessible.

If you are attending an event at the University and need a disability-related accommodation, contact the department or group sponsoring the event as soon as possible. Please be aware that advance notice may be necessary to provide the requested accommodation.

Students who have questions, concerns, or complaints related to suspected discrimination on the basis of disability or failure to accommodate are encouraged to contact the SDC.  Students may also consult with The Office of Student Support and Judicial Affairs, the Office of Graduate Studies, or the ADA Compliance Officer about their concerns or to obtain information about filing a formal complaint.